Friday, November 30, 2012

ramblings and an update




This past Tuesday morning, we woke up to the snow you see pictured above. We've had days of flurries throughout November, but this was the fist time it accumulated.  Next week is the last week of the semester and I honestly couldn't tell you where the time went.  My little brother always says that things in life are "long but short" and this was truly a "long short" semester.  This time next year when I'm a college graduate, I'm sure that I'll say that all of college was "long short".

 I haven't been posting too much lately.  And I'm not going to apologize for it.  I don't want to bore you with end of semester details. I don't feel like sharing the details of my recent break up with my boyfriend.  I can't write any posts on new primal recipes....because honestly I haven't really been  primal in a month.  My mom says I should do more "second hand" posts.  Yes, I've been thrifting recently.  Yes, I've found some really great bargains recently.  I found a painting I love for my room. And a pair of shoes in the little kids department I'm obsessed with.

The past couple weeks, I've been watching my peers stress out about grad school applications. I have no interest in grad school.  I have no one set of plans for after college.  I don't think that's a bad thing. Sometimes the best things happen when we least expect. Or when we have the least direction in life.  Similarly, this blog currently has no direction, but I kind of like it like that.  I don't have sponsors, I don't have a set "series"...it's one of the few things that has no responsibilities attached to it.

I didn't spend hours taking beautiful pictures for this post. Nor did I spend hours editing them and then typing out this post.  Truth is, I wrote this post in ten minutes before my theory class. Truth is, I only feel inspired to write when I have no actual time to write. Truth is, I'm writing this post in long paragraph form....when I won't read blogs that are in paragraph form unless I'm really interested in the topic.

And the truth is, that through all the ups and downs...life is good. Every single day, there are small victories worth celebrating.  Some days, it might be something as simple as getting out of bed. Other days yield big accomplishments. But it is important to remember that each and every day is a gift (cue cheesy that's why they call it the "present"...you just have to unwrap it line here).  

This week, I'm celebrating that it's my student's (the one I wrote about here), last week of chemo.  She told me yesterday that she is feeling well enough to do not one, but TWO solos in our end of the semester recital next weekend. I am continually amazed and inspired by her courage and strength.  

What victories (however big or small) are you celebrating this week?


5 comments:

  1. truth is... this post is perfect. hugs to you and your student as your end of the year recital approaches.

    Aloha Sweet Friend,
    We are gathering for An Aloha Affair , a sweet sort of mingling and sharing and growing together. I would so love it if you'd join us. You will always be welcome, anytime. Save ya a seat?...

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is well written...it shows your saddness, while letting your strength and determination shine through...when is your students' recital...maybe we can do a double-stop next weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely and honest post.
    I'm glad your student is on the road to recovery too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love that snowy picture!! I'm your newest follower from "I love my post" blog hop. this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this photo! Now following. Would love it if you hopped over to mine:)

    http://www.leishell-lifeinacrapbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete