Saturday, June 9, 2012

To blog or not to blog?

Lately, I've found myself in several conversations with friends and family who want to start blogs. Each time, I tell them to go for it, and 9 times out of 10 I get this response:
"I don't have anything to write about that would be interesting to anybody else."
The response to this statement is two fold. 

 1. Everybody has different reasons for blogging, but i think at least some of that reasoning has to be for yourself. If you're constantly wondering if your posts are pleasing to readers, you lose the best, most unique part of your blog...YOU. Stay true to yourself and write about what brings you joy, not others. 

 2. I whole heartily believe that everybody has a story that is worth telling. We all have unique past experiences that have brought us to exactly where we are today. One of the most beautiful, mysterious parts of life is that we can never truly know how our actions have or will impact those that surround us. Somebody out there NEEDS to hear your story, the need to be inspired by you. Never underestimate yourself or your experiences. 

 On a lighter note, I love reading about hobbies and favorites that are the same and different as mine. Somebody out there loves to sketch flowers or organize their closet the same as you, and what a better way to connect with them than through blogging! I've already "met" so many people who share my love of thrifting, and some of them were friends who I already knew (I'll be featuring some of them throughout the summer on Wednesday's - more on this later). Even if the hobby you'd like to blog about is a strange one, don't let that stop you.

P.S. Check out this super cute Cheetah Formal Dress I thrifted at The Attic in Bethlehem. Love that I didn't have to get it tailored...hooray for a perfect thrift fit ;)
P.S.S.  have you checked out the awesome group giveaway at The Wiegand's? Casey's sweet blog is one that originally inspired me to blog...definitely check it out.  

1 comment:

  1. Following from Wiegand hop ;) Love for you to follow back when you get a chance.

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete