- i'm the ASTA (American String Teachers Association) candidate for Homecoming Queen this year....crossing my fingers for a win!
- my friends who have already spent so much time helping me with posters, index cards (pictured above) and my homecoming campaign in general...you're the BEST!
- so many of my classes have been cancelled today and tomorrow; i don't even start class tomorrow until 2:30pm (no excuse to not hit the gym tomorrow!)
- the beautiful fall weather and trees changing colors up here in the mountains
- marching band season! my university's marching band, The Spirit and the Pride of PA has the chance to be featured on CNN. we're a small school in the middle of absolute nowhere, so this would be HUGE for us (we're up against some pretty big, well known schools...) if you could take a second to vote/comment in our favor, it'd be AWESOME. you can vote here.
- sousaphones and photo bombs (this one's for you Mark Bower).
- being woken up every single morning at the crack of dawn because of the construction on campus
- getting invited to a party at the house of a teacher you're observing
- sitting and watching people's reactions as they read your homecoming posters
- power outages due to construction and having class in the dark
- sharing the sidewalk with a bulldozer and a dump truck
- having the mountie driver ask you if you need a ride by yelling: "HEY GIRL, YOU NEED A RIDE?"